Maersk Line Enhancemenents
Maersk Line announced the extension of its Far East - West Africa FEW1 service to include Shanghai and Ningbo in China.
Maersk Line offers direct calls to the West African ports of Lome (Togo), Cotonou (Benin), and Pointe Noire (Congo). The revised FEW1 service offers:
• Direct service from East China to Lome (Togo), Cotonou (Benin), and Pointe Noire (Congo) in West Africa
• Improved transit times from Nansha (China), Hong Kong and Tanjung Pelepas (Malaysia) into Lome (Togo) and Cotonou (Benin)
• Improved service reliability by adding a vessel
• Extensive service network and own representations at both destination and origin
The new FEW1 rotation is: Shanghai (China), Ningbo (China), Nansha (China), Hong Kong (Hong Kong), Tanjung Pelepas (Malaysia), Lome (Togo), Cotonou (Benin) and Pointe Noire (Congo).
The first call in Shanghai will be the Maersk Norwich (voyage 0901), which will arrive on 11 March 2009.
Maersk Line also announced a series of enhancements and adjustments to its Europe - Middle East & South Asia network. Benefits include:
• New fast and unique direct service from North Europe to Aqaba (Jordan)
• New direct North Europe to Bandar Abbas (Iran) service
• Significantly improved transit time from Jebel Ali to the Mediterranean
• New Intra Gulf trade opportunities between Nhava Sheva (India) and Jebel Ali (U.A.E.)
In addition Maersk Line announces changes to Europe - Middle East & South Asia services. The company will add an additional vessel and add calls to Aqaba (Jordan) and Bandar Abbas (Iran).
The new rotation is: Felixstowe (UK), Zeebrugge (Belgium), Bremerhaven (Germany), Rotterdam (Netherlands), Aqaba (Jordan), Jebel Ali (U.A.E.), Bandar Abbas (Iran), Jebel Ali (U.A.E.), Nhava Sheva (India), Pipavav (India), Salalah (Oman), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), and Algeciras (Spain)
First vessel eastbound: Maersk Kampala, 6 March, Felixstowe.
Maersk Line will cease calling Salalah (eastbound), Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), and Aqaba (Jordan). The company will cover Salalah and Jeddah to the Mediterranean via our AE11 service.
The new rotation is: Gioia Tauro (Italy), Algeciras (Spain), Tangier (Morocco), Tarragona (Spain), Gioia Tauro (Italy), Port Said (Egypt), Salalah (Oman), Jebel Ali (U.A.E.), Nhava Sheva (India), Jebel Ali (U.A.E.), Port Said (Egypt)
First vessel westbound: Nedlloyd Barrentz, 16 March, Jebel Ali.