STX Finland announced a number of management changes
, citing the challenging market situation. The primary target set for STX Finland is profitable operation. In 2011 this target was achieved, and now the focus is strongly on how similar development could also be secured over the years to come.
By consolidating sales and marketing into a corporate level activity, STX Finland strengthen
and increase the efficiency of its strategic targets which main focuses are diversification, differentiation and customer relationship management.
Appointments and special areas of responsibility:
- Timo Suistio has been appointed EVP, CMO of STX Finland. He is tasked with enhancing the functioning capacity of sales and marketing and boosting the order book of the shipyards to ensure long-term operation of the company.
- Jari Anttila has been appointed EVP, COO of STX Finland. He is tasked with ensuring cost-efficient implementation of company projects, exploiting the resources of both Turku and Rauma shipyards. Mr Anttila will also continue as Director of the Turku Shipyard.
- Suistio and Mr Anttila will report in their duties to President and Chairman of STX Finland Oy, Mr Su-Jou Kim.
- Toivo Ilvonen has been appointed Director of the Rauma Shipyard.
- Tapani Pulli has been appointed Deputy Director of the Turku Shipyard. He will also continue as Vice President, Strategic Planning.
- Ilvonen and Mr Pulli will report in their duties to EVP, COO Mr Jari Anttila