Nationalization on the Move at Drydocks World
The year 2013 has been designated as the Year of Nationalization by HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
In keeping with the theme that has been laid out by our wise leadership, Drydocks World and Maritime World, an international marine and maritime services provider has put in place a number of initiatives to implement this vision. All of these initiatives which are in place in all business units of DDWMW including at Jadaf, Platinum Yachts abd Dubai Maritime City are geared towards bringing qualified and competent nationals into the organization, identifying competent nationals within the existing workforce and putting in place plans to provide growth opportunities for nationals.
The initiatives will be spearheaded by the Nations Development Board comprising of His Excellency, the Chairman of DDWMW, Khamis Juma Buamim and his key business direct reports and will be delivered through a dedicated Nationals Development Unit within the HR function of the organizations.
The initiatives which comprise a dedicated online national’s recruitment portal, the formal development of career plans, the Future Leader Program, focused induction and training plans will be handled by this unit in close coordination with the other development functions within HR. In addition the unit will develop close relationships with key tertiary level institutions to identify nationals with relevant skills for internship opportunities geared towards future employment and also for the recruitment of fresh graduates.
“We are very strongly committed to drive forward the vision of our leaders in ensuring the development of the national workforce already in our employ and providing career opportunities for new nationals who wish to join us. We have strong systems and processes in place to provide proper guidance and planning to enable nationals make a career with the organization. The encouragement and support provided by our senior leadership team to competent, committed and qualified nationals through coaching and mentoring ensures that our local population can look forward to building long term careers in the organization supporting out Future Leaders Program," said HE Khamis Juma Buamim.
“Over time the initiatives that we have put in place will strengthen, institutionalize and develop further. Given the nature of our business, we will concentrate on taking nationals primarily in technical and professional areas at supervisory and management levels which affords strong opportunities for future growth. With the strategy for our business clearly set till the year 2030, the organization is geared for constant and sustained growth which will provide sufficient opportunities for everyone,” he added.
In his capacity as Chairman of the DDWMW Group (Drydocks World, Dubai Maritime City, Jadaf Dubai and Platinum Yachts Repair and Management and subsidiaries ), H.E issued a number of executive decisions on a number of localization issues oriented to enable the national cadres of the Group take on new responsibilities, including transfers and major upgrades within senior and middle levels. These decisions ensure the implementation of the strategic plans and, business development opportunities and support the nationalization initiatives of the company.
Accordingly some significant promotions and movement in the roles that nationals undertake with increased responsibilities in the organization as part of these initiatives.
- Mohammad Ali Al Ghaithi has taken over as General Manager Jadaf Dubai Operations and Platinum Yacht Management
- Mohammed Ibrahim Aljassmi as General Manager for Marine Services in Dubai Maritime City and Jadaf Dubai
- Ahmad Mohammed Al Mutaiwei as Head of Chairman Office and Global Corporate Affairs
- Mohammad Abdulrazaq Al Awadhi who as Global Quality Manager is now charged with ensuring that Business Excellence is institutionalized within our quality management systems
- Captain Mohammed Mattar Al Jumairi as Manager Marine Operations
- Ahmed Ali Mohammad Ahmed as Manager HR – Group Satellite Units
- Aishah Mohammed Ali Al Delly as Manager-HR Cost and Budget Control
- Hassan Ali Hassan Musabeh as Technical Manager Dubai Maritime City and Jadaf Dubai
- Haifa Abdulla Al Mattar as Manager Nationals Development
- Eng. Khalifa Hasan Ahmed as Infrastructure Development DMC
- Maryam Sultan Mohammed Alsahool as Manager Strategic Resourcing
- Abdul Rahman Al Shamsi as Asst Manager-Project and EPC Procurement
- Ayesha Sultan Al Suwadi as Asst Manager-Sales and Marketing, Dubai Maritime City
- Yaqoob Eissa Albalooshi as Manager Jadaf Operations
Further enhancements will take place in the near future and will provide increased opportunities for our nationals in the future. In addition to these internal movements to further the career development of our existing national workforce, we are recruiting a number of mid career experienced locals into specific jobs within the organization. Such recruitments will take place into the IT, Commercial, Operations & Procurement areas to name a few. In addition we anticipate about 7 fresh graduates with technical and professional qualifications to join the company as trainees towards early-mid September this year.
DDWMW currently has nationals comprising 28% of its senior management team and 32% nationalization at Department Manger level and above.