Jeppesen expands reach of popular Plan2Nav Mobile App with new release for Android hand-held devices.
Plan2Nav , the only mobile app designed exclusively for C-MAP by Jeppesen charts, is now available for Android mobile devices. Introduced last year for iPad and iPhone devices, Plan2Nav is a free app that puts the power of trip planning and navigation with C-MAP cartography at boaters’ fingertips.
Plan2Nav is an ideal tool for voyage-planning tasks like mapping out a route, setting waypoints and measuring course and distance for each leg of the journey.
Available through the Google Play Android Store, Plan2Nav includes a worldwide background map at no cost. Users can then purchase the latest Jeppesen charts with advanced C-MAP 4D MAX content and features along with expansive coverage areas to unlock the full potential of this unique planning tool. Once these charts are purchased and downloaded, they stay recorded on the device for full accessibility, even when no wireless connection is available.
Depending on coverage area, charts for Plan2Nav start at $19.99 USD and unlock a variety of features, including:
• Detailed harbor charts with Jeppesen’s exclusive C-Marina Port Database, marina diagrams and aerial images
• Dynamic Tides and Current Predictions for added safety, better fishing and more efficient cruising
• Detailed depth and land elevation data for a more informative, realistic chart presentation
• View charts in 2D or Jeppesen’s unique Perspective View format
• View accurate, up-to-date NavAid positions for safer navigation