The company's business unit will brief on its capabilities in marine navigation & bridge control systems at upcoming SMM 2012, Hamburg.
Alan Dix, managing director of Sperry Marine, will speak about the company's new products and future offerings.
For the commercial market Dix will discuss:
• The NAVIGAT 3000 – Sperry Marine's new state-of-the-art fiber-optic gyro
• CompassNet – a new system to improve competitiveness and resilience while significantly reducing installation costs
• ECDIS Lite – electronic chart functionality all in one compact panel (available in the first quarter of 2013)
For the defense market he will discuss:
• The new open architecture and flexible Machinery Control System
• The WECDIS – electronic charting designed to support the operational requirements of the modern navy
• The new Military Surveillance and Search Radar (available in the fourth quarter of 2013)
Dix will also address Sperry Marine's new opportunities for growth in the Asian market, specifically highlighting new contracts to supply navigational systems to China and increasing its reseller and distribution channels there.