Gulf of Mexico Pipeline Contract for Technip

Press Release
Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Technip wins Discovery System lump sum pipeline installation contract for Discovery’s South Timbalier Block 283 Junction Platform project.

David Dickson, Technip’s Senior Vice President, North America Region, declared: “This award is the largest-diameter pipelay contract for Technip in the Gulf of Mexico, thanks to the acquisition of Global Industries. This 30” pipeline will also be the largest diameter lines installed by the G1200 vessel to date.”

The pipelines will be installed between existing facilities in South Timbalier 280 and Ewing Bank 873 and the new platform in Block 283, at water depths ranging from 83 to 244 meters.

The contract covers project management, engineering, transport, installation and pre-commissioning:
    •    15.8 kilometers of 12” pipeline,
    •    13.9 kilometers of 30” pipeline.

Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas will perform the overall project management and engineering.

Offshore installation will be performed in 2013 with the G1200 as the primary installation vessel for all pipelay. Pre-commissioning will be completed by one of the Technip diving support vessels.

Williams Partners L.P. owns 60 percent of the Discovery System and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE:DPM) owns the other 40 percent of the Discovery System.

 

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter February 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Contracts

Sea IT, Veritas Tankers Ink Long-term Software Deal

Sea IT has entered a long term ICT agreement with Veritas Tankers. The agreement comprises installation of BlueCORE Generation 4, an ICT platform specifically developed for the marine industry,

Interior Facelift for Queen Mary 2

Cunard’s luxurious flagship, the iconic 2,620 passenger ocean liner Queen Mary 2, will undergo an interior refit at the hands of McCue Marine during a 25-day multimillion-pound

Chemical Shipping Freight Rates to Remain Under Pressure

On the back of low bunker prices and more new buildings to be delivered in 2016, chemical shipping freight rates for both contracts of affreightment and spot cargoes

Offshore

Premier Oil and Rockhopper Abandon Ocean Rig Contract

Two of the major British players in Falkland Islands offshore oil development, Premier Oil and Rockhopper Exploration, cancelled a joint venture contract with Ocean Rig UDW.

US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs to Least in 6 Years

U.S. energy firms this week cut oil rigs for an eighth week in a row to the lowest levels since January 2010, data showed on Friday, as energy firms continue to

Eni, Exxon, Statoil Win Irish Offshore O&G Licences

The Irish government said on Thursday it had awarded oil and gas licences to companies including oil majors Eni, Exxon and Statoil , allowing them to explore for hydrocarbons off the coast of Ireland.

Offshore Energy

Premier Oil and Rockhopper Abandon Ocean Rig Contract

Two of the major British players in Falkland Islands offshore oil development, Premier Oil and Rockhopper Exploration, cancelled a joint venture contract with Ocean Rig UDW.

US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs to Least in 6 Years

U.S. energy firms this week cut oil rigs for an eighth week in a row to the lowest levels since January 2010, data showed on Friday, as energy firms continue to

Eni, Exxon, Statoil Win Irish Offshore O&G Licences

The Irish government said on Thursday it had awarded oil and gas licences to companies including oil majors Eni, Exxon and Statoil , allowing them to explore for hydrocarbons off the coast of Ireland.

 
 
Maritime Contracts Maritime Security Maritime Standards Offshore Oil Pod Propulsion Port Authority Salvage Ship Electronics Ship Simulators Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0893 sec (11 req/sec)