swissnex Boston welcomes "PlanetSolar DeepWater Expedition," June 22-26, 2013.
In support of its mission to build stronger relationships between scientists, entrepreneurs and innovators in Massachusetts and Switzerland, swissnex Boston is welcoming the world's largest solar-powered boat to Boston's Fan Pier for its inaugural visit.
Together with PlanetSolar and the University of Geneva, swissnex Boston is hosting a series of educational, business and media events about solar technology and climate change, featuring partners from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute, Boston Children's Museum, Greentown Labs, Museum of Science Boston and the MIT Energy Club.
Private and public scheduled events include:
• A below-deck Media Event featuring PlanetSolar DeepWater expedition Project Leader Professor Martin Beniston, the PlanetSolar scientific team, and other representatives from the University of Geneva and Boston;
• A Swiss-Boston Clean Tech Night of Networking with leaders from clean tech, government,
innovation and academia;
• "Build your own solar boat" children's workshops at Boston Children's Museum;
• DeepWater expedition presentation at the Museum of Science, Boston;
• "From the Alps to the Atlantic: Water in a changing climate," a scientific conference with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute.
For a complete list of event dates, times and details click here.