Selling the World's Priciest Ship...
Online ship intelligence and information service VesselValue.com has launched a series highlighting the world's most expensive active vessels, and this week focuses on the costliest of all: QMAX liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier Zarga, which prices in at a whopping $221.8 million.
According to VesselValue, Zarga’s sticker price is equal to 1.5 of Real Madrid footballer Gareth Bale’s $145 million transfer fee, 13 12-carat Pink Diamonds at a value of $17 million each, or 49 Lamborghini Veneno Roadsters which cost $4.5 million apiece.
We did our own math to calculate the quantity of other items that could be purchased for the price of The Zarga.
- Olympic size swimming pool ($1 million): 221.8
- 64GB iPhone 5s ($399): 555,889
- German Shepherd puppy ($1,100): 201,636
- Lego Maersk Line Triple-E toy ship ($149): 1,488,590
- Name a star on the International Star Registry ($54): 4,107,407