Container ship charter owners Global Ship Lease (GSL) announce its unaudited results for the 3 months and 9 months ended September 30, 2013. The 17 vessel fleet generated revenue from fixed rate long-term time charters of $36.1 million in the three months ended September 30, 2013, down $3.4 million on revenue of $39.5 million for the comparative period in 2012.
Third Quarter and Year To Date Highlights
- Reported revenue of $36.1 million for the third quarter 2013. Revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $107.2 million
- Reported net income of $7.3 million for the third quarter 2013, including a $1.4 million non-cash interest rate derivative mark-to-market gain. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, net income was $24.6 million, after an $11.8 million non-cash mark-to-market gain
- Generated $23.5 million of Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter 2013. Adjusted EBITDA for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was $68.6 million
- Excluding the non-cash mark-to-market items, normalized net income was $5.9 million for the third quarter 2013 and $12.8 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2013
- Repaid $15.8 million of debt during the third quarter 2013 for a total repayment of $214.8 million since the fourth quarter 2009
Ian Webber, Chief Executive Officer of Global Ship Lease, stated, "During the third quarter, our fleet achieved 100 percent utilization, giving maximum possible revenue and enabling the Company to generate $23.5 million of Adjusted EBITDA. We used our robust cashflow to reduce our debt, repaying $15.8 million during the quarter for a total of $214.8 million repaid since the fourth quarter of 2009. With a fully time chartered fleet and nearly $1 billion in contracted revenues and a de-levered balance sheet, we remain in a strong position to generate stable cash flow for shareholders and further strengthen our balance sheet."
The report adds that Global Ship Lease is not currently able to pay a dividend on common shares under the terms of the credit facility waiver.