Seadrill's Q2 2014 Revenue Holds Nearly Steady
Revenues for the second quarter of 2014 were US$1,222 million compared to US$1,221 million in the first quarter of 2014, according to the company's financial report.
Operating profit for the quarter was US$476 million compared to US$890 million in the preceding quarter. The decrease is primarily due to inclusion of the gain on sale of the West Auriga sale of US$440 million in first quarter results.
Net financial and other items for the quarter showed a gain of US$71 million compared to a gain of US$2,239 million in the previous quarter. The gain is primarily related to the sale of SapuraKencana shares and income received from Seadrill Partners of US$59 million, partially offset by a loss from Archer of US$5 million and a loss on derivative positions of US$95 million.
Seadrill Limited (SDRL) reports second quarter 2014 EBITDA of US$641 million
The Seadrill Group on a consolidated basis reports record EBITDA of US$865 million
Seadrill Limited reports second quarter 2014 net income of US$653 million and earnings per share of $1.29
- Seadrill Limited maintains quarterly dividend at US$1 per share
- Seadrill Group on a consolidated basis maintains orderbacklog of approximately US$20 billion
- Seadrill secures contracts for the jack-up units West Tucana, West Telesto, West Ariel, and West Prospero and extends contract for the West Mischief. The total revenue potential for the new contracts is approximately US$433 million.
- Seadrill sells 230 million shares of SapuraKencana raising approximately US$300 million in proceeds.
- Seadrill Partners completes US$1.1 billion add-on term loan B
- North Atlantic Drilling announces extensive Investment and Co-operation Agreement with Rosneft to partner in the Russian market.
- Seadrill secures a contract with Total for employment of the West Jupiter. The contract is for a firm period of 5 years and has a total revenue potential for the primary contract term of approximately US$1.1 billion inclusive of mobilization.
More detailed information available at: http://www.seadrill.com/investor-relations/events-and-news