CIMAC Set for Shanghai
The International Council on Combustion Engines (CIMAC) in collaboration with the Chinese Society for International Combustion Engines (CSICE) will host the 27th World Congress on Combustion Engine Technology. The congress is slated for May 13-16, 2013 at the Shanghai Exhibition Center located in the heart of downtown Shanghai.
Devoted to the global fields of marine, power generation and locomotive engine research and development covering state-of-the art technologies, the congress will feature 194 papers to be published during 48 presentation sessions, 125 papers to be presented in three poster sessions, an exhibition, technical sessions, networking opportunities and a gala dinner party.
Collecting a deep pool of international expertise, the event will bring together manufacturers of diesel engines and gas turbines, users such as shipowners, operators and suppliers, oil companies, classification societies and scientists. Included among the event’s presenters are field experts, scholars, technicians and engineers from the worldwide combustion engine industry. They will discuss and present industry insights, trends, concerns, products and technologies. Below are just a few of the event’s presentations:
• Tier III Technology Development and its Influence on Ship Installation and Operation, by Wartsila, Finland
• Contribution of Turbocharging Solutions towards Improved Fuel Efficiency of Two-Stroke Low Speed Engines, by ABB Turbo Systems, Switzerland
• Field Trial Findings on Slow Steaming Cylinder Selection, by BP Fuels & Lubricants Technology, U.K.
• The MAN ME-GI Engine: From Initial System Considerations to Implementation and Performance Optimization, by MAN Diesel & Turbo, Denmark
• Exhaust Emission Control of Mitsubishi UE Diesel Engine, by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHVYF), Japan
• Structural Vibration Challenges of Marine Diesel and Gas Engines, by Rolls-Royce Bergen Engines AS, Norway.
More information and a full preliminary program can be found at: www.cimac.com
(As published in the April 2013 edition of Maritime Reporter & Engineering News - www.marinelink.com)