Great Lakes Shipyard (GLS) informed that it has entered into a five-year agreement with B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem authorizing the Cleveland shipyard as an official builder of Damen designs.
GLS explained that this combination creates an environment for further development of proven designs to establish the yard’s Damen Series, a collection of marine products for the following markets:
- Harbor and terminal: towage and ship assist services such as Stan tugs, launches, pilots and boats and harbor services such as work barges, skimmers, dredgers, and high-speed craft
- Offshore: fast crew suppliers and deep sea anchor handlers
- Offshore wind: wind farm support vessels, fast crew boats, shoalbusters and wind farm maintenance barges
- Defense and security: full range of security and patrol vessels, such as Interceptors and Stan patrols to amphibious support ships and naval auxiliaries
- Public transport: ferries, water taxis, water buses and double ended
- Fishing: trawlers and research vessels
- Pontoons and barges: truckable products, custom pontoons, multipurpose, submersibles and crane and specialty barges
GLS’s Damen Series is designed by Damen, built by Great Lakes Shipyard and made in the U.S.A. The agreement also provides for Damen technical services, including experienced personnel for onsite management and supervision on any and all construction projects. Now, all of the technology and know-how of Damen, including drawings, specifications and design information, is at the fingertips of Great Lakes Shipyard for the benefit of its customers in the United States.