DP World Ltd. announces 26% increase in like-for-like profit for the six months ended 30, June 2013.
- Strong adjusted EBITDA growth resulted in a 26% increase in like-for-like profit attributable to owners of the Company before separately disclosed items
- Like-for-like revenue increased 2.4% driven by a 6.2% increase in containe revenue per TEU
- Like-for-like non-container revenue increased 3.4%
- Adjusted EBITDA of $689 million; adjusted EBITDA margin of 45.6%
- A focus on higher margin business coupled with continued cost control improved adjusted EBITDA margin
- Profit for the period attributable to owners of the Company of $264 million
- Realised $158 million profit from monetisation of assets during the year which helped drive profit attributable to owners of the Company after separately disclosed items of $398 million
- Net cash from operating activities increased to $548 million
- Leverage (Net Debt to adjusted annualised EBITDA) reduced to 1.7 times
Group Chief Executive Mohammed Sharaf commented:-
“Despite tough market conditions, we have reported an excellent set of financial results for the first six months of 2013. We believe 9.5% like-for-like EBITDA growth, 26% like-for-like EPS growth and a 47.1% like-for-like adjusted EBITDA margin is pleasing given some of the headwinds that we have faced."
“The outlook remains uncertain and market conditions in some regions are undoubtedly challenging. We continue to focus on delivering efficiencies, containing costs and handling higher margin containers to drive profitability and, in light of improving momentum seen through the first half, remain confident of meeting full year expectations."