Engine room simulators approved to the highest DNV certificate level.
A total of 14 Kongsberg Maritime Engine Room Simulator models received new Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Statements of Compliance in December 2011. The approvals are according to the revised standards laid out in DNV – Standard for Certification of Maritime Simulators No. 2.14 January 2011, which is based on the requirements of STCW Convention, Regulation I/12 and include the new 2010 amended convention that came into force from January 1st 2012.
Kongsberg Maritime is the first maritime simulation supplier to be certified to this level, reflecting the company’s position as a technology leader in the field of Engine Room Simulation. The new Type Approvals, which are valid through 15th December 2016, were awarded to the Kongsberg Maritime range of Neptune Engine Room Simulator models, including the new RT Flex and Diesel Electric Dual Fuel models (full list below).
Kongsberg Maritime has also received additional Class S approval for six of the approved Neptune Engine Room Simulator models, which states the inclusion of significant new requirements for the training of marine electricians.
The Thermal Power Plant (TPP) and the Gas Turbine trainer also received Class S approval. The Gas Turbine model is certified for simulating operation and maintenance of particular machinery equipment, while the TPP is certified for engineering scenarios.
“Kongsberg Maritime continuously develops and improves its simulator products to meet and exceed certification requirements and market demands. Our development program and commitment to meeting new training requirements within ship technology ensure that our Engine Room Simulators and models are approved to the highest standards, ensuring our customers can provide up-to-date and fully approved simulation facilities,” comments Leif Pentti Halvorsen, Product Manager for Neptune Engine Room Simulators, Kongsberg Maritime.
Kongsberg Maritime has been supplying its approved Neptune simulators to training organisations around the world for 35 years. The success of the Neptune simulator can be attributed to its high fidelity simulation and flexibility derived from the sheer number of models available and its ability to be configured as Desktop, BigView touch screen or Full Mission systems.
The new DNV Type Approvals are for the following engine room simulators:
1. ERS-M22-IV Pielstick Medium Speed Ferry Class A+S
2. ERS-M11 MaK-IV Medium Speed Trawler Class A
3. ERS-H22 Water Jet MTU High Speed Class A
4. ERS-M11 MaK 8M453 Medium Speed Navy Logistic Vessel Class A
5. ERS-M22 MAK-Medium Speed River Vessel Class A
6. ERS-M21-II Pielstick Medium Speed Multi Purpose Vessel Class A
7. ERS-MC90-V MAN B&W Low Speed VLCC Class A+S
8. ERS-RTA-III Sulzer Low Speed Container Vessel Class A+S
9. ERS-RT-Flex Wärtsila Low Speed Container Vessel Class A+S
10. ERS- -SP-Dual Fuel LNG Turbine Ship Class A
11. ERS DE-DF Diesel Electric LNG Carrier Class A +S
12. ERS DE-III Diesel Electric Cruise Ship Class A +S
13. TPP Thermal Power Plant Class S
14. GT 25 General Electric LM2500 Gas Turbine Class S