Singapore LNG Bunkering Study
The Singapore Maritime and Port Authority (MPA) issued a news release stating that, working with Lloyd’s Register, it is completing a study on the Technical Standards and Procedures for LNG Bunkering in the Port of Singapore.
The study addresses five key areas:
- LNG bunkering standards and procedures within the port’s limits
- Technical requirements and specifications for LNG bunker tankers and receiving vessels with regard to transfer system, fittings and safety equipment
- Safety standards for LNG bunkering operations
- Identification of safety exclusion zones and emergency procedures
- Competency standards for personnel handling LNG bunkering.
After the study is finalized, it will be shared with the maritime industry and feedback will be sought.