Jeppesen has been awarded a contract to develop and implement an Integrated Hydrographic Management System (IHMS) for the Maritime and Port Authority (MPA) of Singapore, a governmental agency established to develop Singapore as a premier global hub port and international maritime center, as well as to advance and safeguard Singapore’s strategic maritime interests. The contract is for two years, with an optional three-year extension.
The Jeppesen IHMS will provide multiple functionalities, including bathymetric data handling, management and storage integrated with Jeppesen’s dKart Source Management system and dKart Office tools for ENC and paper chart production and maintenance. Jeppesen’s dKart Office is an integrated suite of technological tools created to provide Digital Hydrographic Offices with ENC production and maintenance, with the overarching goal of enhancing navigational safety worldwide.
Jeppesen’s IHMS will provide the MPA of Singapore with a range of important and innovative functionalities, including:
- Complete production cycle of both ENCs and paper charts, including compilation, quality control and validation; updating/maintenance and distribution (both paper and digital).
- Utilization of new Jeppesen Bathymetric Management system for the handling, management and storage of existing and new bathymetric data.
- A fully integrated Digital Source Handling system, a digital catalog and processed workflow that covers the full cycle from source registration to product release and maintenance. The system will provide detailed traceability throughout the production line.
- Use of the dKart Feature Object Database (FODB) to handle all feature objects as a single object, while allowing its use to create multiple products. Maintenance of objects in the FOBD is performed once utilizing source information from the dKart SMDB database, and can then applied to each digital product the object is referenced to.
- Training specifically defined for different system users, covering Basic Users, Advanced Users and System and Database Administrators.