The Ship Structure Committee (SSC) is re-soliciting research project recommendations for fiscal year 2013-2014.
The strategic goal of the SSC, which is composed of a wide spread of shipping industry interests, aims to dentify gaps in ship structural knowledge, and to develop a research and development plan to bridge the gaps.
This year SSC is soliciting project recommendations a little differently. It has determined research focus areas for research proposals. This provides the SSC a
greater opportunity for obtaining funding in support of research proposals.
In general, the research focus areas are:
1. Outer Continental Shelf Resource Exploitation - in terms of operating in extreme environments and deepwater exploration
2. Improving Fuel Consumption - maximizing ship structures performance; lightweight material construction
3. Structures of Remote Operated Vehicles
4. Service Life - management of aging ships structures
5. Structures design for use of alternative fuels
All research recommendations should be submitted electronically (MS Word format only) to the SSC Administrative Assistant, Mrs. Jeannette Grant at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 2, 2013.