Designed by Sauter Carbon Offset and built by Ned Ship, the 66m Emax E-Volution is, according to the designer, a culmination of the best the yachting world, a vessel with a maximum speed of 28 knots and an unlimited "Zero Carbon" cruising range at 14 knots. Highlights of the design include.
SOLAR HYBRID POWER SOURCES
- 2MWs of Renewable Energy supplied by Wind, Sun, Waves &Currents
- 2MWs of ZF Hybrid Power supplied by MTU 2000 series Tier 4i engines, the cleanest marine diesel engines on the market.
- An additional 3MWs of energy harnessed from sustainable sources is stored and employed as ballast in a lithium ion UPS.
The Emax E-Volution’s Stabilizing Propulsion System features anhedral ZF 4000 Pods and a retractable anhedral foil. The Pods and an electric bow thruster
provide the advantage of full time Global Positioning, an alternative to environmental damage caused by anchoring.
The Photo Voltaic Exoskeleton imbedded into Ned Ship’s epoxy composite structure, generates up to 300MWs of solar energy per year, enough to run all hotel
services or by returning energy to the grid offsets up to 4,500 Carbon Nautical miles Cruising at 22 knots.
DYNAWING SCHOONER LEGACY
The Emax E-Volution’s High Aspect Ratio DynaWing sails are 20% shorter than a conventional rig, yet produce twice as much power. When moored or under severe
weather conditions the mainsails are reefed and the stay-less rotating Wingmasts are feathered into the wind.
Richard Sauter head of SCOD commented “as a Wingsail Schooner The Emax E-Volution inherits the legacy of the greatest sailing vessels of all time, past and
READILY AVAILABLE GREEN OEM TECHNOLOGY IN THE EMAX E-VOLUTION
· Ned Ship - Bio Epoxy Carbon Kevlar Composite Structure
· Ned Ship - Advanced Aerodynamic Radome and PV Wing Spoilers
· High Modulus - DynaWing Stay-less Schooner Rig; Sail Area 1,600sqm
· SunPower - Solbian Marine Solar Panels; up to 100KW (Over 300MWh per year)
· MTU - Series 2000 Tier 4i 858KW engines
· Tesla - 200KW Electric Motors
· Tesla - Electronic Controller with (KER) Power Sailing Regeneration
· ZF - 4000 Azimuth Pods
· ZF - Hybrid Propulsion System
· Ocean Yacht Systems - Rim Drive Bow Thruster
· MDI - Retractable Anhedral -Foil
· Corvus - lithium ion Storage UPS < 3MWh
· Ocean LED - lighting
· Certified Energy Star Equipment, AC & Refrigeration with Waste Heat Recovery to Produce Hot Water
EMAX E-VOLUTION REDUCTION IN FUEL CONSUMPTION & GHG EMISSIONS
· Maximum Motorsailing Speed at 28Knts up to 50% Reduction in GHG and Fuel Consumption
· Cruising Motorsailing Speed at 22Knts up to 75% Reduction in GHG and Fuel Consumption
· Unlimited Zero Carbon Cruising Range at 14Knts
· Battery Powered Zero Carbon Range up to 300nm
· Annual Carbon Neutral Cruising Range at 22knts up to 4,500nm
CREW ACCOMMODATION AND GALLEYS
The Captain’s Cabin is a double with en-suite bathroom, it is located at the bow of the Main Deck as well as the Crew Cabins which are 6 twins with en-suite bathrooms along with The Fully Equipped Restaurant Galley and Crews Mess.
THE MAIN SALON
The Main Salon 12 x 8m has glass doors that open onto the Rear Sun Deck and Pool Area. It features:
· A Seated Dining Area for 14 Guests
· A Fully Serviced Bar
· See-through Temperature Controlled Chamber Containing Self Leveling Wine Racks
· A large Central Lounge Area with Flat-screen
· A Side Lounge Area
· Coat Check and Powder Room for Visiting Guests
· Support Galley with Dumbwaiter
REAR SUN DECK AND POOL AREA
This 100sqm Rear Sun Deck and Pool Area has an 5m pool an gives incredible flexibility for a number of uses such as Sunbathing, Dancing, Parties, Entertaining and Events.
HUGE TOP DECK AND OUTDOOR CINEMA
This comfortable and versatile 70 sqm area offers magnificent 360 degree views. It is ideal for relaxing on the sofas and enjoying the breeze, or alternatively for hosting a formal Gala event seating up to seat 36 dinner guests. This deck is protected from the sun and rain by an extendable Photovoltaic Canopy. It serves as an open-air outdoor Cinema with a retractable Giant Flat-screen that can be viewed by over 20 Guests.
FOREDECK- LEISURE AREA
Here is located a Jacuzzi Plunge Pool as well as an enormous daybed sofa arrangement surrounding a drinks table and a separate Sunbed and Sofa Area further forward at the bow.
BEACH CLUB AND LOWER DECK
A beach club with storage for toys extends out the stern and next to it 2 x 8 meter tenders are stored in garages in the sides of the hull. The Lower Deck along with the Engine Room and additional storage with walk-in refrigerators for the Galley can also house a gym, steam and sauna room and Surround Sound Cinema.
For additiona information