High-speed 'Green' Superyacht Designed
New York based SCOD comes up with a startling catamaran superyacht design
The maximum speed, 53 kt wave-piercing catamaran named as 'Ocean Supremacy' is designed to save an average 4,000 tons of CO2 per year. Amazingly, if plugged in to a suitable shore connection it is claimed to be capable of feeding >200 Mwh's electricity to the national grid to offset an annual carbon neutral cruising range of 3,600nm at 18knts.
The Ocean Supremacy design incorporates a 9 MW solar hybrid propulsion system powered by a combination of sustainable sources of energy that integrate and exploit the availability of; solar, wind, wave and bio mass diesel power.
- Length overall: 42m
- Beam: 15.6m
- Draft: 1m
- Marine Grade Aluminum or Carbon Epoxy Composite
- Fuel: 45.000 litres
- Zero Carbon Cruising Range at 14 knots Unlimited
- Solar Hybrid Cruising Range at 18 knots 3,600nm
- Carbon Neutral Cruising Range at 18 knots 3,600nm
- Maximum Speed 55 knots
- 10 Guests
- 8 to10 crew
- SCOD 8m Super Marine Tender