U.S. Coast Guard crews have suspended their air and sea search for a 30-year-old man who reportedly jumped over the railing of the Bahamas Cruise Ship Celebration early Sunday morning, 27-miles east of Delray Beach, Florida.
James Miller of Charleston, South Carolina reportedly jumped overboard early Sunday and Coast Guard crews have been searching for him since.
Coast Guard assets that assisted in the search, covering more than 2,813 square nautical miles within 24 search patterns were:
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Bluefin, an 87-foot patrol boat, homeported in Fort Pierce, Florida.
- The crew of the Coast Guard Cutter Diamondback, an 87-foot patrol boat, homeported in Miami.
- A Coast Guard Station Lake Worth Inlet 45-foot Response Boat—Medium crew.
- An MH-65 rescue helicopter crew from Coast Guard Air Station Miami.
- A HC-144 Ocean Sentry maritime patrol aircraft from Coast Guard Air Station Miami.
This case is currently under investigation by the FBI.