Siemens Industry, Inc. announced that its booth at the 2010 International Workboat Show in New Orleans will focus on solutions for sustainable shipping, including the company’s SISHIP diesel-electric propulsion system.
Solutions, services and products featured at the Siemens booth include:
• SISHIP Integrated Solutions for the Marine Industry – The SISHIP product family for commercial vessels integrates all products and services needed for sustained maximization of a ship’s performance with solutions designed to sustainably increase environmental compatibility and commercial efficiency of shipping operations.
• SISHIP Lifecycle Management – Proven life cycle management strategies built on real world successes help increase reliability while lowering operating costs.
• SISHIP Diesel Electric Propulsion –The combination of diesel generators and electric engines reduces fuel consumption up to 40 percent while increasing energy efficiency and lowering harmful emissions.
• tiastar Motor Control Centers (MCCs) – High-density MCCs with SmartStart capability that enable customers to visualize energy consumption at the device level from the first day of start up.
• Siemens PLM Software – Product lifecycle management software solutions enable shipyards to seamlessly track the “DNA” of a ship, providing unprecedented insight into the correct solution for a ship at any point in its lifecycle, from concept to development through production and the complete operating cycle.
• FLENDER Mechanical Drives – Siemens mechanical drives are designed for economic operation and low lifecycle cost. High efficiency, optimum power-to-weight- ratio and low vibration and noise are characteristics of out products that are engineered to minimize unnecessary losses for ships to transmit motive power to the propeller.
• Siemens Financial Services – Offering a wide range of equipment and sales financing solutions tailored to the individual needs of the customer.