Subsea Ultra-Deepwater Market Alliance
Technip and Heerema Marine Contractors sign a worldwide alliance agreement to share in offshore sector activities.
The two companies intend to combine their capabilities to help their clients best address the fast growing subsea ultra-deepwater market.
Ultra-deepwater projects are expected to be the fastest growing part of the subsea market over the next several years, developments expected to have significant challenges for clients. For example, ultra-deepwater infield pipelines are forecast to grow at a yearly pace more than 15% between 2012 and 2017.
The five-year alliance agreement makes available the complementary assets of the two companies for ultra-deepwater EPCI (Engineering, procurement, construction and installation) projects in all subsea markets requiring substantial tensioning capability and brings:
• Worldwide commercial footprint,
• International network of engineering centers,
• Leading edge technologies supported by growing R&D spend,
• Strong project management capabilities and experience in very large and complex ultra-deepwater projects,
• Unmatched network of logistic bases and manufacturing plants,
• High tension J-Lay vessels, provided by Heerema through their installation vessels Aegir (under construction) and Balder,
• S-Lay and Reel-Lay assets of both companies, as needed.
Technip and Heerema teams start to work together immediately to implement this exclusive agreement.