1 Engineering & Manufacturing (1EM) develops compact Saturation Diving System (SAT) for Dulam International of Dubai.
After three months of internal design work that utilized the company’s years of experience in building 10 large-scale Saturation Diving Systems (SAT Systems), 1EM completed the model for a new “Mini” SAT System that incorporates features of a larger system and offers greater portability while accommodating four to six men. Dulam International signed on as the first customer in July 2012 and delivery is on track for early spring 2013.
Specialized and standard features for the “Mini” SAT System include:
• 200 meter IMCA-compliant
• Four-man DDC chamber with provisions to be six-man deployable HRC
• TUP vessel
• Come out chamber for two men
• Diving bell for two men
• Bell launch and recovery system with bell winch and guide wire winch
• Main bell umbilical utilizes power sheave and is stored in an umbilical basket
• Control Van with pilot station for control of bell launch and recovery
• Equipment van with diver reclaim unit, diver hot water heaters, chamber environmental conditioning units, LARs HPU and main power panels
The new device is more compact and easily transportable for more efficient mobilizations on smaller vessels of opportunity. It is designed to mobilize in a short time frame using quick hookup and disconnect attachments.
“We see a growing demand for smaller, easier to launch and maintain systems at more affordable price points. This package should allow smaller subsea contractors to effectively compete in the deep diving ranges which in turn will reduce costs for oil and gas operators,” said Mark Berge, CEO of 1EM.