The Financial and Sustainability Reports cover the period January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012 and together provide a summary of Port Metro Vancouver’s overall performance, as set out below:
“Port Metro Vancouver is seeking ways to engage with communities and improve the Port and region’s long-term sustainability,” said Robin Silvester, President and Chief Executive Officer, Port Metro Vancouver. “This Gateway must thrive so that we can continue to support the B.C. economy – but we must also grow in a way that balances impacts in the Lower Mainland.”
Key accomplishments outlined in the 2012 Financial Report , “Leading, Planning and Investing”, which combines our audited financial statements with our Management Discussion and Analysis, include:
• Affirmation from Standard & Poor’s of our AA credit rating, for the third consecutive year.
• Operating revenues increased by three per cent to a record of $186 million.
• We secured a new five-year loan agreement to ensure liquidity for our capital needs.
• Completion of two Gateway Infrastructure Fee projects on time and on budget: the Lynn Creek Rail Bridge in North Vancouver and the 80th Street Rail Overpass in Delta.
Key accomplishments outlined in the 2012 Sustainability Report , “Leading, Listening and Responding”, which focuses on material issues of significance to our stakeholders, such as port growth and land use, safety and security, reliability and competitiveness, and our impact on community and the environment, include:
• We conducted 210 environmental assessments, of which only five were formally required by legislative triggers
• 60 cruise vessels connected to Shore Power at Canada Place and shut off their engines – reducing greenhouse gas emissions by more than 2,200 tonnes.
• We led or participated in more than 600 community engagement events.
• Port Metro Vancouver was recently named to the 2012 “Green 30” list of Canadian organizations whose employees are most positive about their record on environmental stewardship.
To learn more and read both reports, click here.