PortVision brings advanced marine vessel-tracking capabilities to latest full-featured smartphones
PortVision vessel-tracking service, terminal and fleet management dashboards, & other capabilities is now available in platform optimized for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry devices.
The company’s latest mobile platform is available now, at no cost, to PortVision customers who subscribe to its PortVision Plus, PortVision Advantage, TerminalSmart™ and Fleet Management System offerings.
“Our latest mobile platform delivers on our vision of giving PortVision users all the information they need to manage their maritime domain, no matter where they are,” said Dean Rosenberg, PortVision chief executive officer. “This new platform takes advantage of the latest smartphone capabilities to deliver key real-time features of our widely adopted web-based solutions, and is designed to provide remote access for any maritime professional who spends the majority of their work day away from their desk.”
The new PortVision Mobile 2.0 platform adds a number of capabilities based on extensive feedback from the company’s active mobile users. Key features include:
• Integrated terminal and fleet dashboards: Gives users quick and easy access to key terminal and fleet information including arrival/departure data, real-time vessel locations, and terminal dock availability.
• Flexible search capabilities: Enables users to search by vessel, terminal and point of interest.
• Optimized interface for arrival/departure alerts: Simplifies the task of creating and maintaining alerts for vessel arrivals and departures.
• Integrated mapping: Migrates the power of PortVision’s real-time mapping capabilities to a smartphone display.
• Comprehensive fleet management: Includes integrated fleet traffic reporting, enabling mobile users and their customers to share traffic updates and other fleet management data in near-real time so they can actively manage fleet activities using their smartphone.
• A modern, “app-like” experience: Provides a mobile experience similar to what users expect from today’s popular smartphone apps.