Severn Trent Services announced a major expansion of its sales and service operations in the Asia Pacific region with recent hirings and promotions of six water and wastewater professionals – four in its Shanghai, China, office and two in Singapore. The moves will enable the company to take advantage of fast-growing business opportunities in the region through the sales and service of its line of water and wastewater technologies.
According to Marwan Nesicolaci, vice president of international sales and business development for Severn Trent Services, “The Asia Pacific, particularly China, represents one of the most dynamic regions in the world for water and wastewater treatment technologies. Severn Trent Services is uniquely positioned to provide a full range of treatment solutions for the municipal, marine, offshore, power and energy markets in the region. Our understanding of the markets and our experience and proven treatment solutions enable us to package together multiple technologies or develop new technologies designed specifically to meet customers’ needs in the region.”
New hires, promotions
• Jianrong Hou joined Severn Trent Services as national sales manager for China. Hou joins Severn Trent Services after serving as China sales manager for Degremont Technologies China in Beijing. He also previously served as branch sales manager for municipal and automotive for Siemens Water Limited China’s Automation and Drive Group. All sales personnel in Shanghai will report to Hou.
• Tom Gao was named sales manager for disinfection products in the Shanghai office. Previously, he was business developer-water treatment market for Air Liquide China in Shanghai.
• Sam Zhang was named sales manager for filtration products in the Shanghai office. He served as business developer for filtration products for Severn Trent Services since 2007. Prior to joining the company, Zhang worked for BioChem Technology, which specializes in wastewater process optimization.
• Jackie Shen was named senior sales manager for Severn Trent Services’ seawater electrochlorination and marine sewage business, Severn Trent De Nora, in the Shanghai office. Shen will be responsible for the power, oil and gas and marine markets. Previously, Shen was senior sales manager for Westinghouse Department of Emerson Process Management Co., Ltd in Beijing.
• Vincenzo Palma, who has served as regional business development and sales manager for Severn Trent De Nora from the company’s Singapore office, will take on additional responsibility for brine electrochlorination systems in the region.
• Stephen Yip Yoi Chuen was named business development manager in the Singapore office, reporting to Palma. He previously served as sales and marketing manager for Envipure Pte. Ltd. in Singapore.