OCENS Upgrades its 'WeatherNet' Weather on Demand Service
OCENS announces version 3 of its award-winning WeatherNet Weather-on-Demand service.
The manufacturers explain that WeatherNet 3 transforms the product selection process by asking users for their general weather interests and then responding with definitive file suggestions for the given area of operation. No need to get specific, just let WeatherNet know whether you’d like GRIB or classic weather charts, text files or buoy products, fishing data or ice forecasts, satellite pictures or tide information etc.
WeatherNet’s intelligent content algorithm then merges users general interests with their present or proposed location, anywhere in the world, and the work by OCENS professionals who have mapped each one of the thousands of products in its library. The result is a personalized list of products that satisfy the specific insights required for prevailing and predicted weather, ocean and fishing conditions.
Some of WeatherNet 3’s new features and capabilities:
• GPS integration
• OCENS Positional Packet sharing with OCENS GRIB Explorer and MetMapper
• Content Wizard and Portal mode
• Content Preferences page to help you personalize GRIB model preferences
• Content Box and integrated content search algorithm
• Graphical user interface for selection of coastal, offshore, high seas, and MetArea text products
• Buoy location map for choosing buoy(s) data feeds for your area of operation
• Zoom capabilities on all content reference maps
• Portal mode tracking of present geographic position relative to selected content
• Satellite Dialer for auto-connect/disconnect to satellite phones and docking stations
• Integration with Optimizer, webXaccelerators, and Iridium AxcessPoint
• Refreshed interfaces and new icons for WeatherNet’s legacy Basic and Library modes
• Updated Basic mode ‘Personalities’
• Rapid access to Basic mode content ‘Personality’ switching and content options
• New data classes (Tides) and sources (Terrafin)
• Race and Tournament mode editions
Compatibility WeatherNet 3 is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions, and Apple Mac computers with virtual machine PC installations.