The Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) issues its worldwide threat to shipping report for period 17, April to 16, May 2012
The following is a summary of worldwide maritime crime developments and incidents that occurred over the past week.
1. INDIAN OCEAN: Liberian-flagged crude oil tanker SMYRNI hijacked on 10 May while underway 250 nm southeast of Ras Al Madrakah, Oman
2. COLOMBIA: Bulk carrier was boarded on 13 May while underway 9.4 nm from Isla La Palma, Buenaventura, Colombia.
3. INDONESIA: Bulk carrier was boarded while at anchor on 12 May at Muara Jawa Anchorage, Samarinda, Indonesia.
4. EGYPT: Product tanker was boarded on 14 May while anchored at Port Suez Anchorage, Egypt.
5. YEMEN: Tanker fired upon 10 May while underway 260 nm east-northeast of Socotra Island, Yemen.
6. INDONESIA: Bulk Carrier boarded on 10 May while underway at Taboneo Anchorage, Indonesia.
7. YEMEN: Crude oil tanker attacked on 09 May while underway 345 nm east-southeast of . Socotra Island, Yemen