Worldwide Threat to Shipping Update from ONI
The Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) issues its worldwide threat to shipping report for period 17, April to 16, May 2012
The following is a summary of worldwide maritime crime developments and incidents that occurred over the past week.
1. INDIAN OCEAN: Liberian-flagged crude oil tanker SMYRNI hijacked on 10 May while underway 250 nm southeast of Ras Al Madrakah, Oman
2. COLOMBIA: Bulk carrier was boarded on 13 May while underway 9.4 nm from Isla La Palma, Buenaventura, Colombia.
3. INDONESIA: Bulk carrier was boarded while at anchor on 12 May at Muara Jawa Anchorage, Samarinda, Indonesia.
4. EGYPT: Product tanker was boarded on 14 May while anchored at Port Suez Anchorage, Egypt.
5. YEMEN: Tanker fired upon 10 May while underway 260 nm east-northeast of Socotra Island, Yemen.
6. INDONESIA: Bulk Carrier boarded on 10 May while underway at Taboneo Anchorage, Indonesia.
7. YEMEN: Crude oil tanker attacked on 09 May while underway 345 nm east-southeast of . Socotra Island, Yemen