ABB has signed contracts worth
more than $110 million to supply Azipod propulsion, power-generation and power-distribution systems
for 19 new vessels being built in Europe and Asia
The new projects include:
• electrical propulsion systems for nine platform supply vessels, to be built in shipyards in Norway
and China, as well as one remotely operated vehicle support vessel, one offshore construction
vessel and one light well intervention vessel, all to be built in Norway.
• complete electrical propulsion systems
for a 153,000 cubic meter Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
vessel from Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction of Korea.
• total electrical power system package for one semi-submersible drilling rig for Petroserv, from
South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering.
• drilling drive packages for one jackup rig and three drill ships to be built in Singapore and Korea.
• one Solstice-class vessel for Celebrity Cruises, with two 20.5 MW Azipod units for main
propulsion, medium-voltage generators, main switchboards, frequency converters, transformers, and bow thruster motors. The vessel will be built by Meyer Werft of Germany.