SNAME Call for Papers
In October 2009, the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers will hold its Annual Meeting and Expo, attracting participants from all over the world. One of the core elements of every year’s annual meeting is the presentation of the Technology Papers.
Papers are selected through a peer review process and presented at the annual meeting. Annual Meeting papers are also published in the annual SNAME Transactions.
SNAME encourages the industry to participate in this forum. Papers on all appropriate subjects are welcome, but papers addressing the following subject areas are of particular interest:
• Marine environmental issues and solutions including especially air emissions
• Ocean power - wind, waves, currents and others
• The application of robotics in, on and over the ocean environment
• The climate change debate - How is it affecting naval architects, marine and ocean engineers
• Inland waterway marine design and operation: safe and efficient transportation on the worlds inland marine highway system
• Challenges in the design, construction and affordability of combatant naval vessels
• Size and speed for vessels: risk and reliability...what are the limitations?
• Coastwise trade (short sea shipping); advances in design and construction of cabotage vessels
• Small passenger vessel design - ferries, dinner cruisers, coastal passenger vessels etc.
• Fishing vessel design for safety and economy
• Sailing yacht design, Construction and Performance
Extended abstracts due February 27, 2009.
Tentative acceptances issued April 1, 2009
Final drafts due May 15, 2009
Submit to: www.SNAME.org