Danish Maritime Authority Supports Maritime Cultural Days
The Danish Maritime Authority's buoy tender ’POUL LØWENØRN’ will be alongside in Korsør in connection with the Maritime Cultural Days. The vessel will be open to visitors throughout Saturday, 27 August.
Safety of navigation is at the centre of the Maritime Cultural Days, and you can experience a variety of aspects of safety at sea if you visit the large buoy tender. On board the vessel will also be representatives of the ’SejlSikkert’ (safe navigation) campaign, which the Danish Pleasure Craft Safety Board is a part of.
The vessel will be open on Saturday, 27 August, from 10:00 to 17:00 – the vessel will be alongside at the Service and Maintenance Centre on Søbatteriet 2 in Korsør.
- We will place some buoyage equipment on the deck of ’POUL LØWENØRN’ such as a mooring stone and mooring chain. In addition, we will make a small display of lights so that the visitors can see the equipment used for working with the buoys, says Manag-er of Operations Martin Balle from the Danish Maritime Authority.
It will also be possible to study the life cycle of a light buoy – from the time that it is transported from its position as a worn-out light buoy to the Service and Maintenance Centre for production and clearing before being positioned again. A representative from the Service and Maintenance Centre in Korsør will also be present to elaborate on the issues of buoy production and light engineering.
On the bridge of ’POUL LØWENØRN’, you can see the navigation equipment that is used for navigating the vessel as well as for positioning aids to navigation.
’SejlSikkert’ will also have a stand on deck where you can get good advice about how to make you voyage safe. Here, you can have your inflatable life-jacket checked and see whether it is still in good shape and works.
It will also be possible to see the ’SejlSikkert’ App, by means of which you can keep updated on important traffic information, including any navigational obstacles and any defective aids to navigation.
Facts about ’POUL LØWENØRN’
• The overall length of the vessel is approx. 49 metres
• The overall width of the vessel is approx. 11 metres
• The vessel has a draft of 3.10 metres
• Maximum speed: 12 knots
• The crane has a maximum coverage of 13 metres and is capable of lifting 10 tonnes
• The chain winch is capable of pulling 30 tonnes at a speed of 10 m/s