SUNY Maritime, Marad & ConocoPhillips Sponsor WOW Conference
The State University of New York Maritime College in partnership with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration and ConocoPhillips invites you to the 6th Annual Women on the Water Conference November 1 – 3, 2012.
The 6th annual Women on the Water conference will bring together Cadets from the Federal and State Merchant Marine Academies and Colleges with professional mariners who are leaders in different sectors of the maritime industry. The event will be an excellent opportunity for Cadets to learn about the exciting careers that are open to them directly from successful women in the field. They will also hear about current issues affecting the Maritime Industry. This opportunity is also ideal for Cadets and professionals alike to meet and network with others in the Maritime Industry.
The 2012 WOW Conference Goals include:
• Providing an outlet for women mariners to connect with current and future maritime professionals.
• Promoting diversity in the Maritime Industry.
• Providing exposure to the history and current climate women face today working in the Maritime Industry.
• Providing an update on current issues impacting the Maritime Industry and its workforce, especially those that influence the lives of women.
• Providing exposure to maritime organizations for women.
• Providing exposure to the career opportunities available in the Maritime Industry.
• Providing an introduction/exposure to MARAD and its female leadership.
• “Industry Overview” Panel – Hear a distinguished panel of professional mariners talk about opportunities and future trends in various sectors of the shipping industry.
• “At Sea” Panel – Hear what it is like to be a Woman on the Water from recent graduates and seasoned professionals. Learn what to expect, how to advance, and many other helpful tips.
• Breakout sessions include “Industry Options” and “Life Planning” which will enable small group discussion on issues of particular interest to each participant.
• Formal sessions to establish mentor relationships.
• Career counseling.
• Structured networking sessions while cruising around Manhattan Island.
To register for the conference and more information, please visit the conference website at www.sunymaritime.edu/wow, or call Taleen Stroud in the University Relations Department at SUNY Maritime College at 718-409-7212, or email email@example.com
SUNY Maritime College
6 Pennyfield Avenue