Eleventh Asia Pacific Maritime
As the region gears up for stronger business recovery in 2010, Asia Pacific Maritime 2010 (APM) is poised to offer an even greater variety of solutions to meet the needs of the shipping and shipbuilding industries as they ride on the crest of a new demand curve.
Scheduled to be held from 24th to 26th March 2010 at the Singapore Expo, APM has some 900 companies and industry professionals participating in the exhibition and about 10 conferences and seminars, as well as networking opportunities.
The APM Opening Keynote will address the pressing issue of the global shipping market recovery with the theme "Shipping in Asia Today, Preparing for the Future". The keynote speaker will be Hennie van Schoor, Maersk Line's Director of Business Performance for Asia Pacific, who will give the world's biggest container shipping line’s views on the crisis and what it sees in the crystal ball. He will be joined by a high powered panel of shipping executives in a discussion, and a question and answer session with delegates.
“APM 2010 is getting tremendous response from an even bigger cross-section of the maritime industry this time, because they anticipate the economic recovery in Asia will precede that of other regions in the world and they want to be here when it happens. Exhibitors are telling us they see greater growth potential in Asia than ever before,” said Michelle Lim, General Manager, Reed Exhibitions, Singapore.
The 3-day maritime industry platform, which allows industry players to buy, sell, network and get updated with the latest emerging trends in the maritime trade and explore collaborative opportunities, is packed with a comprehensive program for almost every industry sector. It includes a host of technical and business conferences & seminars on the shipping sectors that address topics including tanker shipping, marine electronics and communications, marine propulsion and auxiliary machinery, maritime laws, ship financing, and other marine related presentations.
The “Green Ship of the Future” seminar has a story to tell on the latest efforts by the industry to further advance the green cause.
Other key highlights at APM 2008 include:
• APM Fashion Marine 2008 – First introduced at APM 2006, this popular maritime fashion show is a creative platform for exhibitors to highlight their products and services on the catwalk
• Spotlight on Asia series – This interactive exchange program will give visitors the opportunity to acquire first hand information and insights on the current and anticipated shipbuilding trends and capabilities of featured Asian countries.
• Maritime Forum – Leading technology suppliers, equipment manufacturers and industry groups will showcase the very latest products to attendees via presentations, interactive dialogues and networking sessions held alongside their sessions
• PSA Port Tour – Visitors to APM 2010 will have an opportunity to tour the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) Singapore Terminals
• Networking Sessions - Delegates and exhibitors will have numerous opportunities to mingle and network at APM’s many networking sessions, receptions and cocktail events
The organizer, Reed Exhibitions, expects the visitorship for the 2010 event to exceed the 7,058 number registered at the 2008 presentation. For more information, visit APM’s website at http://www.apmaritime.com