Fukushima Offshore Floating Wind Farm Update
A consortium has been participating in an experimental offshore floating wind farm project sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry since March 2012.
Preparatory works for the installation of the 7MW oil pressure drive-type wind turbine on the three-column semi-sub floater at Onahama port, Fukushima, are almost completed and delivery of the floater from Nagasaki to Onahama has started today as part of the second term.
1. Outline of construction works in the second term:
- Assembly and setting of two units of the 7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbines, delivery of the facilities to the testing area, and connection to the undersea cable.
2. Work progress to date:
- <7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbine> Floater
- Delivery of the three-column semi-sub floater from Nagasaki to Onahama port is in progress.
- Wind Turbine
- Construction of the nacelle for the 7MW oil pressure drive-type wind turbine is in progress at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. Yokohama Dockyard & Machinery Works.
- Construction of the tower for 7MW oil pressure drive-type floating wind turbine is in progress at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. Kobe Dockyard & Machinery Works.
- Mooring System & Undersea cables
- Preceding works i.e. installation of chains, anchors and undersea cables at the testing area has been successfully completed.
- <Port improvement for 7MW turbine installation>
- Ground improvement and installation of the undersea mound at Onahama port for mounting the wind turbine on the three-column semi-sub has been successfully completed.