Ferus Smit launched multipurpose vessel Nordana Sky in Leer on February 21.
Nordana Sky, built as yard number 417, is the first in a series of six that will be delivered to Symphony Shipping. The ship will be chartered out to the Danish company Nordana and sail in her fleet after delivery, planned for the end of March 2015.
Nordana Sky is the first vessel of the builder’s new ecobox design, characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
- Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr;
- 10,500 DWT, 429.000 cft holdvolume;
- Iceclass 1A with 3,000 kW main engine;
- A large single hold of completely box shaped form;
- Large loading floor area for project cargos, including complete movable tweendeck;
- 2 X 80 tons cargo cranes;
- Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern;
- Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions;
- The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions;
- Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power.