Matson Logistics Supply Chain Services is expanding its less-than-container-load (LCL) capabilities by offering direct fast transit from China to the New York and New Jersey markets.
The service is based on Matson’s China-Long Beach Express (CLX) service, which offers express Transpacific trade, and partners with JAD International for expedited coast-to-coast transport.
“We listened to our clients’ needs and in collaboration with JAD International, we are proud to bring this premium service to the market,” said Jeffrey Ivinski, director of sales and marketing for Matson Logistics Supply Chain Services. “Matson created an alternative to costly air freight to the West Coast
and now we are bringing expedited service to the important New York metro
market. To compete with air freight we not only have to be fast but also extremely reliable. With Matson's outstanding ocean transit and JAD's land network, we can execute with a high degree of precision and add even more value for our customers.”
According to Matson, the new service’s benefits include:
- LCL freight receipt at origin CFS locations in Shanghai, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shenzhen, Tianjin and Xiamen
- Weekly Matson sailings from Shanghai via Long Beach to New York/New Jersey. Shanghai to N.Y./N.J. in 14 days with cargo availability Thursday afternoons
- Convenient CFS facility in Elizabeth, N.J.
- Service options include origin pick-up and expedited door delivery at destination
- All shipments are managed end-to-end by Matson customer service staff