Transas Offshore and Dynamic Positioning Simulator Installed
A Transas Offshore and Dynamic Positioning simulator has been installed at PanArab E-Navigation (PAEN) in Alexandria, Egypt. PanArab E-Nav is a player in the marine and offshore training in the entire region.
Transas Offshore and DP training solution is based on the navigational simulator platform Navi-Trainer Professional 5000 (Transas NTPRO 5000). The installation consists of an Offshore bridge, reproducing a modern Anchor Handling Tug Supply vessel bridge. It includes key elements such as NAVIS DP2 system, Transas Multifunctional Display, physical controls for all thrusters, winches, pins and shark jaws system together with a state-of-the-art Seagull 6000 visual system.
The simulator complies with the requirements identified for the offshore training. PanArab E-Navigation is also accredited by The Nautical Institute for Dynamic position training.
Transas NTPro Offshore simulator gives a possibility to perform vital operations during a rig move project under challenging weather conditions. The training scenarios include the following main topics:
• Transfer of anchor and pennant between vessel and rig using crane
• Deploy of the deck anchors using permanent chaser or bridge system
• Retrieving anchor with grapnel or buoy
• J-hook operations
• Inserts of wire or/and synthetic line
• Deck equipment familiarization
• Cargo transfers between rig and vessel
• Organizing cargo/AH-equipment on deck
• Advanced DP training