NSRP to Host Planning, Production Processes & Facilities Panel Meeting
The National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) will host the Planning, Production Processes & Facilities (PPPF) Panel Meeting November 5-6, 2014 in San Diego, Calif.
The panel aims to help attendees discover and disseminate best practices related to the principal manufacturing processes, equipment, planning and facilities required to support the fabrication, assembly and testing phases of ship production.
The focus is on improving efficiency and quality of constructing a ship, including:
- Researching and evaluating advanced technologies, tools and materials used during the ship production phase.
- Examining methods to optimize build strategies and improvements to facilities.
- Maximizing collaborative efforts with the Ship Design & Materials Panel to fully realize new technologies, tools and processes developed by both panels.
- Researching new and emerging technologies to reduce service and support costs.
- Seeking collaborative opportunities in welding, coatings and electrical technologies.
The hotel cut-off date for the Wyndham San Diego Bayside has been extended to Wednesday, October 22, 2014, and these rooms are limited. Those who plan to attend the panel meeting can reserve a room now by calling (619) 232-3861 and asking for the “NSRP Panel Meeting” group block.