Lincoln Electric’s Activ8 Semiautomatic Wire Feeder
Ideal for shipbuilding, offshore, construction or pipe welding operations, the Activ8 portable wire feeder from Lincoln Electric is the smallest, lightest wire feeder on the market and is now available in a One-Pak configuration that includes a Magnumb PRO Curve 300 gun.
With the One-Pak, welders can enjoy the convenience of receiving a wire feeder and gun matched for most applications in the shipbuilding, construction or pipeline industries.
The Activ8 One-Pak includes the following:
Activ8 Wire Feeder with internal contactor, gas solenoid, arc-sensing lead and clip [15 ft (4.5 m)] and a K1500-2 Gun Bushing. Magnum PRO Curve 300 Gun with 15 ft (4.5 m) gun cable, 1/16 inch (1.6 mm) liner, and K466-10 Gun Connector Kit.
Key features of the Activ8 include:
- Designed specifically for 8 in. (200 mm) spools.
- Compatible with any DC CV and/or CC power source.
- Simple controls include front WFS knob and internal-booted Cold Feed and/Gas Purges, Trigger Interlock and CV/CC switches.
- Across-the-arc operation (voltage sensing) uses a sense lead and contactor to enable weld current.
- Standard shielding gas apparatus can be used for FCAW-G and GMAW processes.
- Tough plastic case, molded from high-impact, flame-retardant material, is durable and lightweight enough to withstand repeated drop testing.
The portable wire feeder is capable of feeding self-shielded FCAW or FCAW-G and GMAW (MIG) gas-shielded wires at 50-800 IPM (1.3 – 20.3 m/min). It will handle GMAW wires .023 - .052 in. (0.6 – 1.3 mm) in diameter and FCAW wires of .035 – 5/64 in. (0.9 – 2.0 mm) in diameter. The Activ8 is rated at 330 amps at 60 percent duty cycle and weighs in at only 27 lbs. (12.2 kg).
At the heart of the Activ8 wire feeder is the MAXTRAC® Drive System, which features the following:
- Dual gear-driven drive system to ensure positive feeding performance.
- Patented wire drive with tool-less drive roller and wire guide changes for quick spool replacement.
- Tachometer-controlled motor to power drive rolls for smooth, steady feeding without wire slippage.