Siemens Highlights Sustainable Shipping at Workboat
Siemens Industry, Inc. announced that its booth at the 2010 International Workboat Show in New Orleans will focus on solutions for sustainable shipping, including the company’s SISHIP diesel-electric propulsion system.
Solutions, services and products featured at the Siemens booth include:
• SISHIP Integrated Solutions for the Marine Industry – The SISHIP product family for commercial vessels integrates all products and services needed for sustained maximization of a ship’s performance with solutions designed to sustainably increase environmental compatibility and commercial efficiency of shipping operations.
• SISHIP Lifecycle Management – Proven life cycle management strategies built on real world successes help increase reliability while lowering operating costs.
• SISHIP Diesel Electric Propulsion –The combination of diesel generators and electric engines reduces fuel consumption up to 40 percent while increasing energy efficiency and lowering harmful emissions.
• tiastar Motor Control Centers (MCCs) – High-density MCCs with SmartStart capability that enable customers to visualize energy consumption at the device level from the first day of start up.
• Siemens PLM Software – Product lifecycle management software solutions enable shipyards to seamlessly track the “DNA” of a ship, providing unprecedented insight into the correct solution for a ship at any point in its lifecycle, from concept to development through production and the complete operating cycle.
• FLENDER Mechanical Drives – Siemens mechanical drives are designed for economic operation and low lifecycle cost. High efficiency, optimum power-to-weight- ratio and low vibration and noise are characteristics of out products that are engineered to minimize unnecessary losses for ships to transmit motive power to the propeller.
• Siemens Financial Services – Offering a wide range of equipment and sales financing solutions tailored to the individual needs of the customer.