Transocean's Latest Rig Fleet Update
Transocean Ltd. latest monthly fleet update summary includes new contracts, significant changes to existing contracts and changes in estimated planned out-of-service time of 15 or more days since August 19, 2013. The total value of new contracts since the August 19, 2013 fleet update summary is approximately $64 million.
Estimated 2013 planned out-of-service time increased by a net one day; estimated 2014 planned out-of-service time decreased by a net 134 days.
Other items include:
- Transocean Legend - Awarded a two-well contract for work offshore Australia at a dayrate of $425,000 ($64 million estimated backlog). The rig's prior dayrate was $293,000.
- Sedco 710 - As mutually agreed between the company and the customer, effective September 5, 2013 the contract was suspended on the deepwater floater Sedco 710. The company is currently in discussions with the customer regarding the remaining contract backlog on the rig. The rig will be stacked.
- The deepwater floater, Transocean Rather, is stacked.
- The midwater floater, Falcon 100, is held for sale.
- The company sold two standard jackups, Trident 4 and Trident 6, which were previously held for sale. The details of the transactions have not been disclosed.
The report can be accessed at www.deepwater.com by selecting the Fleet Status Report link in the toolbar.