Marine Link
Saturday, October 22, 2016

CVF Manufacturing Contract Boosts VT Group

July 3, 2008

VT Group announced that its new shipbuilding and naval support joint venture, BVT Surface Fleet Limited, is to be the major beneficiary from the manufacturing contract signed for two new Royal Navy aircraft carriers (CVF).

The CVF contract will contribute in the region of £3 billion to BVT’s order book, of which just under half will be delivered by the joint venture directly and the balance sub-contracted. CVF revenues will start to flow through BVT shortly with production of the first carrier set to start later this year.
VT owns 45 percent of BVT, with the remaining 55 per cent owned by Systems.

BVT, which officially started operations on July 1, also includes the remaining work on the Royal Navy’s Type 45 Anti Air Warfare Destroyer program and export projects for and in its order book.

Maritime Reporter Magazine Cover Oct 2016 - Marine Design Annual

Maritime Reporter and Engineering News’ first edition was published in New York City in 1883 and became our flagship publication in 1939. It is the world’s largest audited circulation magazine serving the global maritime industry, delivering more insightful editorial and news to more industry decision makers than any other source.

Maritime Reporter E-News subscription

Maritime Reporter E-News is the subsea industry's largest circulation and most authoritative ENews Service, delivered to your Email three times per week

Subscribe for Maritime Reporter E-News