ASNE Day 2009
ASNE Day 2009 takes place April 8-9, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD. The event will explore how the 21st century cooperative strategy and related maritime efforts are impacting naval engineering while answering the questions—what technical areas must be emphasized to enable and support this strategy, what are the implications for the way future naval engineers are educated and developed, and what improvements are needed in naval engineering tools and processes?
Community Briefing for Navy EDs/APs, Coast Guard Engineers and Marine Corps Engineers
• U.S. Navy: Engineering Duty & Acquisition Professional Community Status—RADM Mark Hugel, USN
• U.S. Coast Guard: Realignment of Engineering Organization, Technical Authority—RDML Ronald RÐ±bago, USCG
Keynote Addresses: Three Service Perspective
What is Our Goal? A Review of the 21st Century Maritime Strategy
• RDML Robert L. Thomas, Jr., USN, Director, Strategy and Policy Division (N51)
• RDML Joseph R. Castillo, USCG; Director of Response Policy (CG-53)
• BGen Andrew W. O'Donnell, Jr., USMC, Director, Capabilities Development Directorate; Marine Corps Combat Development Command
Developing Technology and Force Structure in Support of the Maritime Strategy
Moderator: Mr. Carl Siel, Chief Systems Engineer, ASN (RDA)
Asst. Moderator: Ms. Janet Jaensch, NAVSEA 05H Deputy
• RDML Thomas Eccles, USN, NAVSEA Deputy Commander for Ship Design, Integration and Engineering
• RDML Thomas Ostebo, USCG, Assistant Commandant for Engineering and Logistics
• Mr. John Burrow, Executive Director, Marine Corps Systems Command
• RDML Jerry Burroughs, USN, SPAWAR Chief Engineer
• RDML Donald Gaddis, USN, NAVAIR Assistant Commander for Research and Engineering
Moderator: VADM Kevin McCoy, USN; Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command
Asst. Moderator: Mr. Jason Reynolds, Ship Design Manager, Naval Sea Systems Command
• General Dynamics (GD)—Mr. Kevin Graney, Vice President Engineering, NASSCO
• Northrop Grumman (NOC) Shipbuilding—Mr. Pete Diakun, Vice President of Emerging Technologies
• Raytheon—RADM John Kelly, USN (Ret.), Business Development Director for Seapower Capability Systems in Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
• Lockheed Martin (LMT)—Mr. Fred Moosally, President, Electronics & Surveillance Systems
• Shipbuilder's Council of America—RADM Joe Carnevale, USN (Ret.)
• Boeing—RADM John V. â€œJackâ€ Chenevey, USN (Ret.), Director, Security Solutions, Intelligence & Security Systems
Moderator: CAPT Jim Stein, USN, PEO IWS
Asst. Moderator: Mr. Mark Roberts, NAVSEA
• RDML Terry Benedict, USN, PEO Integrated Warfare Systems
• RDML Ronald Rabago, USCG, Director of Acquisition Programs and PEO
• Ms. E. Anne Sandel, PEO Littoral and Mine Warfare
• RDML James McManamon, USN, NAVSEA Deputy Commander for Surface Warfare
Annual Awards Ceremony followed by ASNE's Honors Gala Reception (additional registration required, minimum donations to attend start at $10)
In addition to the exceptional paid technical program, many free components contribute to the incredible ASNE Day 2009, including:
ASNE Day 2009 Exhibit Hall
• View six assets from the Navy Expeditionary Overwatch (NEO) initiative, including:
o Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Scan Eagle
o Gunslinger 3 (GS3) – on HMMWV
o Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV)
o Super Wedge Launcher for UAV
o SkyHook Lift Retrieval System for UAV
See the U.S. Coast Guard OCH
• Impressive exhibit setups from the following organizations:
o Alion Science and Technology
o Altair Engineering
o American Bureau of Shipping
o BigHorn Valve Company, Inc.
o Booz Allen Hamilton
o Center for Naval Shipbuilding Technology
o Cincinnati Gearing Systems
o Federal Resources, Inc.
o First Robotics
o General Atomics
o General Dynamics
o Gibbs & Cox
o GPS Source
o ICI Services
o International Submarine Races
o L-3 Communications
o MAN Diesel North America, Inc.
o Marine Log
o Maritime Technology Alliance
o Naval Warfare Centers
o Navy Metalworking Center
o NG Newport News Industrial
o Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding
o OAK Management
o Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
o Rix Industries
o Saft America, Inc.
o Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
o Ship Constructor, Inc.
o SSS Clutch Company
o Thordon Bearings, Inc.
o Tri-Tec Manufacturing LLC
o United Titanium
o USCG Surface Forces Logistics Center
o Village Marine
o W&O Supply
o WÐ´rtsilÐ´ Defense, Inc.
• See Human Powered Submarines from the 10th International Submarine Races and daily First Robotics Demonstrations.
In conjunction with ASNE Day 2009, ASNE presents CareerLink 2009—An opportunity for employers and job seekers to connect.
• Job Seekers--Take advantage of this great opportunity to see what positions are available and to meet with employers involved in the naval engineering community. Tour the ASNE Day 2009 Exhibit Hall and meet face-to-face with representatives from companies who are hiring and the exhibiting companies listed above.
• Employers--Take this opportunity to speak with qualified engineering professionals, entry-level naval engineers, and students interested in internships.
Register for CareerLink 2009 today at ASNE's Career Center at www.jobtarget.com/home/index.cfm?site_id=623.
L-3 Marine & Power Systems is sponsoring complimentary transportation from the Washington Navy Yard and U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters to the Gaylord National. For route details, go to www.navalengineers.org/Events/AD09/Transportation.html.