Gibbs & Cox won a Professional Services Agreement (PSA) with BAE Systems Ship Repair. The new PSA will allow any of the BAE Systems shipyards to contract directly with Gibbs & Cox for engineering services in support of their repair, fabrication and new construction work.
BAE Systems Ship Repair is a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair, modernization, conversion, overhaul, fabrication and new construction for commercial and government customers. BAE Systems Ship Repair currently operates six shipyards:
• Norfolk Ship Repair, Norfolk, Va.
• Southeast Shipyards Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Southeast Shipyards Alabama, Mobile, Ala.
• San Diego Ship Repair in San Diego, Calif.
• San Francisco Ship Repair, San Francisco, Calif.
• Hawaii Shipyards, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Under the PSA, Gibbs & Cox will provide engineering and design services spanning the full range of technical support. This includes general engineering support
to supplement BAE Systems’ staff engineers, deck plate field service engineers and proposal inputs.