Coeclerici Coal Acquires Alley-Cassetty Coal Trading Division

MarineLink.com
Monday, September 09, 2013

Coeclerici Coal Network LLC, an American company in which Coeclerici holds a 51% stake, has acquired full ownership of the coal trading division of Alley-Cassetty Companies, Inc., a coal trading and brokerage company that is among the oldest in the United States, with headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee.

This acquisition will allow Coeclerici Coal Network to increase its business, currently concentrated in the Ohio and Mississippi river basins, as well as reinforce the company’s position in markets in the southern and western US, guaranteeing the entire Coeclerici Group direct access to the most important coal reserves in the U.S., one of the most dependable and reliable sources of coal in the world.

Founded in 1879, Alley-Cassetty Coal operates in the coal trading sector in Tennessee and surrounding states. Over the course of 2012, the company generated sales for more than $30 million.

“I’m particularly proud of this result,” said Paolo Clerici, President and CEO of Coeclerici S.p.A., “because it confirms the long-term relationship we’ve established in the U.S. market, one we’ve consolidated over a century of importing coal from America into Italy, acting as exclusive agents for Consol Energy since 1912. This most recent U.S. acquisition reinforces our position in one of the world’s most important markets.”

The Coeclerici Group’s acquisition of Coal Network, completed in January 2013, also includes the possibility for Coeclerici to acquire an additional 35% stake within five years. This would increase Coeclerici’s participation from the current 51% to a total 86% stake in the company.

Maritime Reporter May 2015 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

People & Company News

Solarworld Wants Duties on Chinese Solar Goods in U.S. Extended

German solar manufacturer SolarWorld will apply to the United States for an extension of duties on Chinese panel imports that are due to end this year, weekly Euro am Sonntag said.

Sea Urchin Haven Disturbed by Oil Spill

Stephanie Mutz makes a living plucking sea urchins from the Santa Barbara coast and selling the prickly treasure to upscale restaurants in Southern California.

5 Tunisian Migrants Die in Shipwreck

At least five Tunisian migrants died on Saturday when their boat sailing to Italy capsized off the Tunisian coast, officials said. "A migrant boat carrying

Energy

Solarworld Wants Duties on Chinese Solar Goods in U.S. Extended

German solar manufacturer SolarWorld will apply to the United States for an extension of duties on Chinese panel imports that are due to end this year, weekly Euro am Sonntag said.

Red Tape, Industrial Relations Could Stifle LNG Potential

Australia could develop the world’s most technologically advanced LNG industry, according to a report by Accenture. But if industry is to reach its potential

Shell CEO Backs Fossil Fuels, Climate Change Warnings

The world's fossil fuel reserves cannot be burned unless some way is found to capture their carbon emissions, Royal Dutch Shell Plc Chief Executive Officer Ben van Beurden said on Friday.

News

Solarworld Wants Duties on Chinese Solar Goods in U.S. Extended

German solar manufacturer SolarWorld will apply to the United States for an extension of duties on Chinese panel imports that are due to end this year, weekly Euro am Sonntag said.

Sea Urchin Haven Disturbed by Oil Spill

Stephanie Mutz makes a living plucking sea urchins from the Santa Barbara coast and selling the prickly treasure to upscale restaurants in Southern California.

5 Tunisian Migrants Die in Shipwreck

At least five Tunisian migrants died on Saturday when their boat sailing to Italy capsized off the Tunisian coast, officials said. "A migrant boat carrying

Mergers & Acquisitions

Viking Orders 2 Liebherr Cranes

An LR 1300 with super lift equipment and an LR 1160 crawler crane will strengthen the fleet of Viking Cranes. The Tallinn-based company with branch offices

Fincantieri Invests In Camper & Nicholsons

Fincantieri has signed an agreement for the acquisition of a minority stake via capital injection in Camper & Nicholsons International (Camper & Nicholsons), the

Ferry Firm DFDS Looks to Expand

Danish ferry and transportation firm DFDS is on the takeover trail, its chief executive said, after reporting its highest first-quarter operating profit on record

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Contracts Maritime Standards Navigation Offshore Oil Pipelines Pod Propulsion Ship Repair Shipbuilding / Vessel Construction Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.1703 sec (6 req/sec)