Carnival, Star Team Up To Buy NCL

Wednesday, February 02, 2000
Carnival Corp. and Malaysia's Star Cruises surprisingly joined forces in a battle to buy Norwegian cruise firm NCL Holding. The two companies dropped a bidding war in favor of Star's lower $1.1 billion share offer for NCL. Star will stick with its 35 crowns per share bid for NCL, expiring on Feb. 10. Carnival will cancel a planned 40 crowns NCL offer and instead acquire a 40 percent stake in Arrasas Ltd., Star's unit set up to acquire NCL. Star would hold the remaining 60 percent. Star and Carnival are aiming to oust the current board and appoint lawyer Ole Lund, the former chairman of the Oslo bourse, as the new NCL chairman at a shareholders' meeting on Friday.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter July 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Cruise Ship Trends

Can Bandwidth Supply Keep up with Maritime Demand?

In the next few years, demand for bandwidth on the high seas will grow, in no small part due to technology that is making operations more efficient and keeping crews and passengers healthy,

Summer Cruise to North Sea Oil Rigs Amazes Tourists

Bored with palm-fringed beaches and turquoise seas? Then the gigantic oil platforms of the North Sea beckon. The first ever "rig-spotting" cruise just ended off the coast of Norway,

China to Add 8 Cruises to Push Tourism in South China Sea

Three State-owned enterprises from the shipping, tourism and construction sectors will cooperate to equip up to eight cruise liners and offer diversified sightseeing

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Standards Naval Architecture Offshore Oil Pod Propulsion Port Authority Ship Electronics Ship Simulators Sonar Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0645 sec (16 req/sec)