Chuan HUP Subsidiary Sells Entire Stake In Dredging International

Tuesday, December 18, 2001
Marine transportation services provider, Chuan Hup Holdings Limited (“Chuan Hup” or “Group”), announced that its subsidiary, ACIS Holdings Limited (“ACIS”) has disposed of its entire 10 percent stake in Dredging International Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (“DIAP”) for S$15.2 million. Chuan Hup estimates the net profit before tax attributable to this sale to be S$5.5 million. The cash sale of 6.3 million ordinary DIAP shares, representing 10 percent of the total issued share capital of DIAP, was made to Tideway B.V. (“Tideway”) of the Netherlands. The remaining 90 percent of DIAP is owned by Pacific Dredging Corporation B.V. (“Pacific Dredging”). Both Pacific Dredging and Tideway are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Dredging, Environmental and Marine Engineering N.V., a Belgian hydraulic engineering, dredging and offshore contractor. Chuan Hup’s finance director, Lim Kwee Siah, said, “This sale is in keeping with our Group’s continuing efforts to focus on our core competencies as a marine transportation service provider. As such, we are divesting our non-core businesses whenever favourable opportunities arise to enhance shareholder value.” Excluding the Group’s chairman, Dr. Tan Cheng Bock and managing director, Mr. Peh Kwee Chim, who are non-executive directors of DIAP, no director or substantial shareholder of Chuan Hup has any interest in the transaction.

Maritime Today


The Maritime Industry's original and most viewed E-News Service

Maritime Reporter February 2016 Digital Edition
FREE Maritime Reporter Subscription
Latest Maritime News    rss feeds

Workboats

Volvo Penta Debuts Innovative Glass Cockpit

The new generation of Glass Cockpit expands Volvo Penta’s collaboration with Garmin for an advanced monitoring and control system that makes boating easier. And its clever application,

No Need to Change Tug Workers’ Hours -Study

The American Waterways Operators (AWO), the national trade association for the tugboat, towboat and barge industry, hailed a study conducted for the Transportation

MTS Assists Damen in Maersk Connector Sea Trials

Leading marine service provider, Marine and Towage Services Group Ltd. (MTS) has supported shipbuilder Damen during sea trials of its latest offshore cabling vessel, Maersk Connector.

Finance

Brazil's CEEE to sell stakes in Wind Farms, Dams

Brazil's Companhia Estadual de Energia Elétrica (CEEE), a power utility controlled by the state of Rio Grande do Sul, will sell assets including stakes in wind farms,

DP World Bolsters Investment in India

DP World Pvt. Ltd, the world’s fourth biggest container port operator majority owned by the Dubai government, has plans to invest over $1 billion in India for augmenting its port-related operations.

SunEdison Restrained from 'Unusual' Asset Transfers

Solar company SunEdison Inc said a U.S. court has restrained the company from making any unusual asset transfers until a hearing in a lawsuit brought on by investors

 
 
Maritime Careers / Shipboard Positions Maritime Contracts Maritime Standards Naval Architecture Navigation Pipelines Pod Propulsion Salvage Ship Repair Winch
rss | archive | history | articles | privacy | contributors | top maritime news | about us | copyright | maritime magazines
maritime security news | shipbuilding news | maritime industry | shipping news | maritime reporting | workboats news | ship design | maritime business

Time taken: 0.0743 sec (13 req/sec)