Acting on behalf of the Aircraft Carrier Alliance (ACA), UK-based BAE Systems (BAESY)
Marine Limited, has closed a contract with the Spanish company Sener Ingenier
ía y Sistemas S.A., for the license to use the FORAN System in the development of the Stage 1 (System Design) of the CVF Project (UK Royal Navy Future Aircraft Carrier). The contract involves around 100 FORAN seats and a specified set of support services.
According to the contract, FORAN can be implemented in the following sites:
- Ministry of Defence, Bristol
- BAE Systems Marine Limited
- Naval Ships, Glasgow
- BAE Systems Marine Limited - Submarines, Barrow-in-Furness
- Aircraft Carrier Alliance Headquarters, Bristol
- VT Shipbuilding, Portsmouth
- Babcock Support Services Limited, Rosyth
- BAE Systems Integrated System Technologies Limited, Bristol
- Thales Naval Limited, Bristol
- Kellogg Brown and Root, Leatherhead
Activities have started immediately and FORAN has already been installed at the Glasgow, Barrow-in-Furness and Portsmouth sites.
Services to be provided by SENER include training, customization, on-site and remote technical assistance, as well as the development of interfaces between FORAN and existing Business Systems.