Bisso Marine was contracted to remove four structures in the Eugene Island area
. The 105 ft., 200T jacket structures were designed, built and installed in 1958, each of which had a complete mud mat floor with a five foot retaining mud wall. The original installation of the jackets to the required depth below natural bottom required the use of a jetting system which was built into the jackets.
Fast-forward 47 years, Bisso Marine mobilized the D/B Boaz to location and removed the 75T deck sections from each structure and then prepared the structures with explosives to severe the jacket from the piles. The 700T capacity D/B Cappy Bisso was then rigged to each jacket and maintained a constant strain in order to break the mud suction. The D/B Cappy Bisso held a strain on each to the four jackets for a few hours; the break out forces ranged between 580T and 700T per jacket. Once the D/B Cappy Bisso had the mud mat above the natural bottom, the rigging was transferred to the D/B Boaz, which then lifted the jackets on to the material barge.