ABS Elects New Council and Committee Members
(New York, NY---) At the Annual Meeting of Members of ABS in New York this week, the following Members were elected to a three-year term on the ABS Council:
• Angeliki N. Frangou, Navios Shipmanagement Inc
• Michael Wyllie, Offshore Energy Development Corporation/SBM Offshore N.V.
Following the Annual Meeting, the ABS Council met and elected to a one-year term as members of the ABS Classification Committee:
• William T. Bennett, Jr., Bennett & Associates, LLC
• Capt. Sanjay Sukhrani, Diamond S Management LLC
Elected to three-year terms as members of The Technical Committee:
• Dr. Bo Cerup-Simonsen, A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S
• Hu Jin-Tao, Shanghai Merchant Ship Design & Research Institute (SDARI)
• Raghvan Narasimhan, Diamond S Management LLC
Elected to five-year terms as ABS Members by the Council were:
• Joseph J. Angelo, Managing Director, International Association of Independent Tanker Owners (INTERTANKO)
• RADM Vineet Bakhshi, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director, Goa Shipyard Ltd
• Frank Dambrin, Executive Vice President – Fleet Management, Bourbon Offshore
• Soli Engineer, Executive Director, Great Offshore Ltd.
• RADM Philip H. Greene, Jr., Superintendent, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
• Jesper Bo Hansen, President, TORM USA LLC
• Mark Heater, President, Sonangol Marine Services
• Hu Jin-Tao, President, Shanghai Merchant Ship Design & Research Institute
• Todd Johnson, President & CEO, Pacific-Gulf Marine Inc
• Hiroshi Kato, President, Toyo Shipping Line Co., Ltd.
• Naresh Kumar, Chairman & Managing Director, Deepwater Drilling & Industries Ltd.
• Lee, Jai-Seong, President & CEO, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
• VADM H. S. Malhi, AVSM, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director, Mazagon Dock Ltd.
• Jasneet Manaise, Vice President, Operations, Diamond S Management LLC
• Datuk Nasarudin bin Md Idris, President & CEO, MISC BHD
• John “Jack” D. Noonan, President, Chembulk Tankers, LLC
• Ted C. Petrone, President, Navios Corporation
• Constantine (Gus) Proios, Director, Engineering, Admanthos Shipping
• Raghvan Narasimhan, Vice President, Technical, Diamond S Management LLC
• Loy Stewart, Jr., President, Detyens Shipyard
• Sanjay Sukhrani, COO, Diamond S Management LLC
• Capt. Ebelio B. Villena, Jr., VP Engineering / Senior Salvage Master, Malayan Towage and Salvage Corporation
• Stewart H. Wade, ABS Consultant
“Classification is the principal self regulating mechanism for the marine and offshore industries,” said ABS Chairman Robert D. Somerville. “The insight, experience and collaboration from ABS Members contributes to the process of developing practical, impartial and authoritative standards that promote the safety of life, property and the environment.”
Founded in 1862, ABS is a leading international classification society devoted to promoting the security of life, property and the marine environment through the development and verification of standards for the design, construction and operational maintenance of marine-related facilities.